Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My trip to Texas


Over the first weekend of February, I went to Texas for the FUMC women's retreat at The Prothro Center at Lake Texoma. It was an awesome weekend. The theme was "Cleanse your Soul." My good friends Ellen and Cheryl were in charge and they did a great job. I got to visit with so many great, old friends. I got to room with Beth who came in from Atlanta. It was so nice being with a group of women who I have shared so much of my life with. I love them so much! I can't wait to go again next year. I think the best part besides seeing friends was being able to run along the shoreline of Lake Texoma in 80 degree weather! I loved it!

The adventure began when I woke up on Thursday morning to the skies dumping snow. My friend got me to the airport nice and early only to sit and sit and sit. I was suppose to leave at 3pm and I think we finally took off around 8:30pm. I had to opportunity to share the gospel on the plane with a wonderful woman who was trying to get to Orange, TX for a funeral. I later found out, she didn't arrive until it was 1/2 way over the following afternoon.

The adventure continued on my return home. The flight was delayed about 2 hours and fortunately I knew this before leaving for the airport. Evidently it started to snow again in Chicago. Dallas and Griffin were at a Super Bowl party and it snowed about 4 inches while they were there. The roads were terrible and it took them almost 2 hours to get to O'Hare. We landed fine and sat on the tarmac for well over an hour. Dallas and Griffin arrived at the airport just 5 minutes before I finally got off the plane. Thank goodness I carried on my bag and didn't have to wait for it! We pulled in to the driveway at 12:15am!
Cathi

No comments: