Monday, June 8, 2009

Vacation

We are on day 5 of our vacation to Texas. We spent the past 4 days in Ft. Worth and drove to Austin today. I wish I could load some pictures but I won't be able to do that until I get home. On Friday Griffin and I drove to our old house. It was great to see it and it looked just the same. Griffin did not remember it. He did recall the pool and playground around the corner. We got to visit with a few of our old neighbors which was great! Then we spent the afternoon at my friend Melissa's place. She has two boys who are 5 and 9. The 3 boys went swimming for over 2 hours while Melissa and I talked and soaked up the sun's rays. We took the boys plus Melissa's 2 nieces out to dinner then to our old church for movie night under the stars. Saturday we were able to watch Justin's graduation on the computer via live streaming video which was pretty cool. Dallas was able to go and see the occasion in person. Wait until you see the pictures of Justin and Benjamin. They are all grown up! Then we spent the entire afternoon in Ellen's pool. It was so relaxing and fun. I've finally got a good start to my tan! Sunday was spent worshiping at our old church with great friends and having an awesome Mexican lunch at The Blue Goose. THE BEST MEXICAN FOOD EVER! Then it was back to Ft. Worth for more soaking in the sun.

This morning we drove down to Austin and got to finally spend the afternoon with Griffin's cousins! I have missed them SO much and it was just great to see them. Maybe I would have made a good "girl mommy" after all. These 3 little blondies have just pulled at my heartstrings. I can't get enough of them. (Pictures to follow!) Dinner tonight was at Chuy's - another great Mexican restaurant. Notice the theme? You CANNOT get good Mexican food in our area at home so we need to have our fix while we are down here.

Cathi

No comments: