Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring and such

Spring has sprung in Chicago! I am so thankful for the warmer weather and the signs that in just a few sort weeks (well, maybe months) my yard will once again be full of flowers, leaves and so many of God's creations. I will have to admit, this winter seems rather mild to me. I'm afraid it means I'm getting "use to" the cold. I think of my friend Kara, who would laugh the first winter I was here whenever I would complain about the cold (which was all the time.) Now, I just pretty much accept the fact that it's COLD here for many months of the year. But I sure do appreciate spring and summer so much more!





There is one thing that has happened over the past few weeks to bring huge delight to our family. Griffin has found a friend who lives right down the street. To most of you, this does not seem like anything big. But as long as we have lived here (3 years) there has been no little boy for Griffin to play with. We have wonderful next-door-neighbors that have 3 girls (and one very little boy) that hang out with Griffin but they are NOT the same as having a BOY, around your same age to play with. Brandon is fun to have around, enjoying doing all the "boy" things that Griffin likes. They play football, hockey, ride scooters and right now they are across the street in the open lot with a shovel and bucket digging up treasures. Griffin had his first sleep-over at Brandon's house a couple of weeks ago. His mom made it extra special for them and I hear they didn't go to sleep until 11:30 and were up at 4:15am. They even took a picture of the sunrise to prove they were up so early. Thank you God for Griffin's new friend. May they have a life-long friendship.

1 comment:

durant clan said...

AMEN! To neighborhood friends :0)

miss you guys