Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Living Room Makeover

Before:  When we moved in this house 3 years ago, there was very little decorating done by the prior owners. They were only here for 9 months before being transferred to NC. One of the things they did was put up these rust drapes in the living and dining room. They had beads on them but I got rid of those right after we moved in. I'm not a "drapery bead" girl. Honestly, I never liked them. So about 2-3 months ago I couldn't stand them another minute so I took them down. This was the perfect opportunity to introduce GREEN into my home. I love green but after having so much of it in our Texas house I completely omitted it here. But as you can see from the "After" pictures I got my green!                                                   
 











After:
I got new panels in a burlap fabric from, of all places, Meijers! I love them and I decorated the room around them. I used the same rods that were already there. The adorable polka dot chair is from Overstock.com. It was a little scary ordering it site unseen. I love it! The rug is from Tuesday Morning. I exchanged out a rectangle mirror for the round one seen in the after photo from another room. The coffee table/foot stool is from Home Goods. I didn't get a before picture of this but we had a HUGE armoire in the dining room and it is GONE! The last after picture shows what I have there now. I'm still trying to decide what to hang on the wall over the table. I also added the 2" wood blinds in a bright white, some new pillows and a lamp. Oh and a few accessories all from Home Goods.

These two rooms are now bright and cheerful! I enjoy them so much now. It was fun to do and I owe a special thanks to my friend Gail for the great advice.


3 comments:

~ The Coleman 5 said...

Beautiful job! I love the chair- can't wait to sit on it and have a late night talk with you!

jenn said...

Love the green better.

Jenn
http://www.momentsofelegance.com

smover said...

it was good decoration i like it....