Monday, April 14, 2008

Seed update

Well, it's been just a week since the seeds were started. All have sprouted. In case you are wondering, broccoli only takes TWO days to sprout. I would have taken a picture but I think everyone knows what a sprouting seed looks like. I took 6 tomato sprouts and 2 broccoli and 2 jalapeno peppers and transplanted them into bigger containers. They will no longer been under the greenhouse so I don't know how they'll do but I hope they'll grow, grow, grow.

I did price out the cost of compost to fill in the garden and it really doesn't cost very much. It's almost as expensive for the delivery as it is for ALL the dirt. I think we'll rent a trailer from UHaul and do it ourselves. We just need it to be nice on a Saturday or Sunday. This past weekend was cold and rainy.

I went to Home Depot today and they did have some plants in already. They want about $4.00 for a tomato plant, $5.00 for a small packet of annuals. So, even if I only get a few plants out of all my seeds, I think I'll end up ahead of the game.

Cathi

No comments: