Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Carrots

Griffin is 5 years and 4 months old. We have never been ones to "force" him to eat things. He does pretty good about getting dairy products, fruits, meats and carbs. It's those darn veggies that have given us troubles. He will not eat them. So casually I decided that he was going to have to try them at dinner time with us. Last night we had garden fresh green beans. He was given 2. It took about 20 minutes but he did eat them and it wasn't a huge production. Tonight we had steamed baby carrots. He had to eat 2 of them.
Here is how it transpired.


He had to have water and milk to help with the swallowing! But he was smart and took a bite of pork tenderloin (which he loved) and put it on the fork with the carrot. He chewed it up and was done with it.
It was funny because he said, "I like green beans better than carrots." So I bet if I give him beans tomorrow he's eat them since they aren't those nasty carrots!
Cathi
PS. Notice the ceiling fans in the 1st picture. I finally found 2 I like and just got them today. It's only 60 degrees outside right now so I guess I don't need to worry about having them up yet!!

No comments: