Friday, August 29, 2008

The first day of school


The day has finally come. Griffin started full-day Kindergarten this morning at Southbury Elementary School. We are just so proud of him! He started his day at about 5:50am. He really likes to get up early. He joined his daddy for a waffle and bacon breakfast then caught a few cartoons on tv before I woke up at 6:50. The rule is no cartoons before school however, when you wake up that early and your mom's still in bed, you can watch tv.
We made a list yesterday of all the things Griffin needs to do before heading off. He was very excited to complete them all in a very timely manner! He made his bed, got dressed, brushed hair and teeth, packed his lunch (with some help), got his backpack ready and posed for some pictures. We even said a prayer together that was super cute!
In the car he said, "Mommy, are you going to cry and cry when you drop me off?" I am happy to say that I didn't cry. The excitement in the school was really neat and I didn't see a tear shed by parent or student.

So now I turn to the "to do" list I've been writing over the past week. My goodness, I have a lot of things to accomplish!
I hope to be posting about our vacation today or tomorrow.
Happy first day of school Griffin! We love you buddy!

No comments: