Saturday, August 30, 2008

School!

I just wanted to give a quick follow-up to the last post. Griffin had a GREAT first day of school. He was so happy when I picked him up. He liked his classroom, his new friends and his teacher. He got to play with the magnetic squares (I've never seen these before) which he loves. He told me how they put all their lunch boxes/bags in a big Rubbermaid container in the morning then take it down to lunch to put their boxes/bags in again when they go to recess. He loved the playground. They had a birthday celebration which included Yogos from a little girl who was turning 5.

One funny thing was I asked him if they practiced the alphabet or numbers? He said, "no alphabet Mommy but we did work on the number 1." I had to laugh. I think this will be LONG year for Griffin if they only go at it one number and/or letter at a time! :)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

So glad he is enjoying school!

spinning in our own direction said...

Holy cow hard to believe that its time for him to goto school!!miss you guys