Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Minneapolis






This past weekend (edited to say it's been more than 2 weeks but it's taken me this long to get back to the post) we drove 425 miles to Minneapolis to visit our great friends - The Stones. We arrived at 7pm which allowed just enough time to eat a yummy dinner then head over to the Shakopee Sabers homecoming football game. It was a well fought game but they lost. On Saturday morning we went to Nick's football game. Griffin thought it looked like a lot of fun and he might like to try football when he's in 4th grade as well.

The highlight of Saturday (well for the kids anyway) was Sever's Corn Maze. The picture above was from the maze last year. They didn't have a photo on-line of this year but it was a McCain/Obama Vote 08 maze with the White House. It took us about 45 minutes to go through the maze. Dallas was the leader/map reader. We had 26 locations to go to throughout the maze and each one included a fun fact about the White House. There was also a "corn pit." A corn pit you ask?! I had never seen such a thing but it was awesome. The kids had a ball in the corn. Here is a photo of the pit.



Saturday night the grown-ups went out to a very nice dinner and had great fun while the kids stayed home with a babysitter and had their own fun! Sunday was a lazy day of watching football, drinking wine/beer, hanging out with the kids and fixing a great meal. Thanks for having us Stone Family, we can't wait to do it again soon!

PS. The reason I don't have any pictures of my own to post is my beloved camera broke. I have no idea how but it's time to upgrade. More on that later.

Cathi

1 comment:

spinning in our own direction said...

How fun.. I love the corn pit.. sucks your camera broke but seems you have fixed that problem. You think if I throw mine on the ground and jump up and down on it I can get me one of those.. probably not.. Can't wait to see the pics