Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Soccer Practice

Dallas and a friend, Nate, are coaching 9 adorable 5-year-olds in 3-on-3 soccer. It has been a ton of fun and the kids are learning a lot. Tonight Nate was out of town so I said I'd help Dallas coach. Do you know how difficult it is to get 8 (one wasn't there) little kids to listen, pay attention and do what you ask them to do? I have a whole new appreciation for Kindergarten teachers (and any parent who might have that many children.) One little girl (who shall remain nameless) only wanted to look up at the sky at the "beautiful clouds." One little boy ALWAYS kicked the ball in the wrong direction. Griffin and someone collided heads and Griffin has a goose egg under his left eye which left him in tears. Fun was had by all but I was very glad to see my watch tick 6:30 when practice was over! Thank you to all the parents who have the gift to coach and teach kiddos!

Cathi

1 comment:

spinning in our own direction said...

HA HA HA oh come on 8 thats nothing...HA HA .. You should try 22 and 20 of them don't speak english, that was stressful..

Glad you gusy had fun. I saw on the news the other day t was like 57 or something crazy there. We were swimming... however I did wish it ws cooler today when we went to the pumpkin patch and it was too hot to stay