Friday, May 15, 2009

Our "bunny proofed" backyard


is not very bunny-proof and I am beyond angry. Griffin got up this morning and as he was putting up his blinds he yelled to me in my room, "Mommy, can I go downstairs and scare the bunny out of the yard?" I was like, "there's no way a bunny's out there." I took one look and sure enough, there was indeed a bunny. We ran downstairs together, threw on our shoes and off we went. I'm sure if my neighbors were watching us, they were cracking up. I was throwing a bucket at the bunny and Griffin was yelling at it. Low and behold, it jumped OVER, yes I said OVER the fence. The fence is about 4 feet tall. I was so mad. How in the heck can a bunny just OVER a 4 foot fence? Well, I saw it with my own two eyes.

Just moments ago, I looked out in the backyard. Yup, the dang bunny is there again. This time we chased it all around and he attempted to just the fence 4-5 times and couldn't get over. So now he is stuck INSIDE our yard.

I just planted the rest of the vegetable garden and my wave petunias. These things are a feast to a bunny. Guess he's going to have a good night.

I'm going to go out there and open the gate - maybe he'll saunter out that way!!

Yup, it worked. Darn bunny!

No comments: