Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

There was a time when Mother's day was not a day I liked to even acknowlegde. But now, I am so happy to be a mom and so glad I have my sweet little boy. He woke me up this morning by jumping on the bed and carrying with him a card and picture frame - both of which he made at school. He was so excited to give them to me. Even though it was before 7am, I clicked on the light and was happy to share in his excitement. The card had his handprint on it and the frame had his school picture in it. Too cute.

We went out to breakfast before going to church. Our friends the Atchison's, well, part of them anyway, met us at the restaurant. You see Hope stayed back in Illinios with her precious baby girl and big boy to sell her house and let said big boy finish up his school year. Her hubby left for Alabama with their 2 middle girls to start a new job. They will be moving in the next month and I am sad to see them go.

After church, I came right home and hopped in bed for a 2+ hour nap! It was great. I did forget to mention that, weather wise, this was the most awful day ever. It was pooring down rain all night and most of the day and the temperatures remained in the 40's and 50's all day. There was nothing to do except stay inside. We even had to turn on the heat (in MAY!).

Dallas made a great dinner of ribs, potatoes and salad. Griffin tried ribs for the first time and loved them. Now the potatoes and salad, not so much! :)

It was a great day and I am so thankful I am a mommy to a boy who helped me celebrate the day and to a boy who's waiting for me in heaven! I love them both!

1 comment:

Hope Atchison said...

Hey friend,

Thanks so much for letting us tag along! I can't wait to go back for lunch:)