Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Griffin



Today is Griffin's 6th birthday. It's hard to believe he was born 6 years ago in a freak Dallas, TX ice storm. It was so icy out we didn't think we were going to make it to the hospital. We did and just after Noon, this cute little baby boy was born into this world.

Today is a rainy, relatively warm day and we are celebrating as a family. He had a great day at school and as soon as he got home, he tore into the present his Aunt Barbara sent which was a StarWars Legos Wii game. He was lost in that game until his Daddy surprised us by calling at 4:30pm to say he was on his way home! What a great birthday present! Griffin opened the presents from us and his BG/Grampie then we headed to his favorite place for dinner - Chili's. He is now sitting in the family room playing Bolt for the Wii (a gift from us) with his dad.

It's hard to put into words how much I love this kid. I thank God for him everyday. He is so caring, smart and fun. I can't imagine my life without him.

I can't wait to see what his 6th year brings.

1 comment:

spinning in our own direction said...

Happy Bday GG!!! I remember when you told me you were pregnant standing in the church foyer. Have a super fun Day. Love ya