Monday, November 5, 2007

An afternoon at the Prairie Forest Preserve



Not too far from our house is an awesome prairie forest preserve. We spent most of Sunday afternoon exploring. It was a beautiful fall day. Griffin found a stream to throw rocks and sticks into. And of course, we had to play his favorite game - "hide and go seek." It was a little hard to play seeing that we were in an enormous open field with prairie grass as the only thing to hide in/between.





Griffin decided he needed to take some pictures while we were there. The picture of Dallas and I was his first shot. Pretty good if you ask me.



I never have a picture taken of just me but Dallas snapped one yesterday. My mom made me the scarf for Christmas last year and I love it. This was my first time to wear it this fall. It was about 50 degrees out and really beautiful.




This is what Griffin looked like after about an hour of playing in the creek. He was making "Mud, bark, stick, seaweed stew." That got us talking about the book Button Soup. He decided that we needed to make button soup sometime this week. And he even asked, "how will it taste if you only put a button in it?" We had to remind him of what else was put into the soup. Maybe I'll read him that book again tonight when he goes to bed.

Cathi

No comments: