Wednesday, November 7, 2007

What to do on a cold Chicago afternoon??



Well, the sun was shining and the wind wasn't blowing too bad so I decided to plant some bulbs. I got a bag of 100 pink tulips about a month ago from Costco and they've been sitting in the garage waiting to be planted. Today I made a trip to Costco and guess what? The bags of bulbs were on clearance for $2.00. Being one who would NEVER pass up a good deal, I purchased another bag of 50 bulbs. Dallas was already not excited about planting the first 100 so I thought I better take matters into my own hands. I got on my winter coat and a scarf and bundled up Griffin and outside we go. Well, the ground was hard as a rock, not frozen, but hard. I got about 35 bulbs in the ground in two areas and called it quits. In the meantime, our neighbor came over to play with Griffin. After about 10 minutes the kids said, "can we play inside?" I said sure and when I let them in, check the thermometer . It was THIRTY-EIGHT degrees!!!! No wonder they wanted to go inside!

Cathi

1 comment:

spinning in our own direction said...

Seriously...38!!!! You need to move back to texas where it only gets that cold 2 days a year!!1EEEKK.. funny it was almost 90 here!!!