Sunday, December 16, 2007

Don't let the sunshine fool you!





We had a snow storm last night that dumped a lot of snow throughout the Midwest. We were lucky enough to only get about 3 inches. This is a perfect amount for sledding. And look how sunny it is. What a great day! Oh, wait a minute! Is that a breeze I feel? Oh wait. I think that's a WIND, not just a breeze. Oh, and the thermometer shows a temperature of 16 degrees. And the weather man said the wind was gusting up to 20 MPH. I wonder what that makes the wind chill factor? All I know is, I showed up at the sled hill for about 3 minutes to snap a few pictures of Griffin and Dallas and I was outta there. It was FREEZING!! They last about 45 minutes! I just fixed them a big cup of hot chocolate with lots of mini marshmallows and they are cuddling under a blanket on the couch watching football! What a great Sunday afternoon in Illinois.


2 comments:

Jenn said...

Sounds like the boys had fun! But it sounds too cold for me! I think you had the right idea.

~ The Coleman 5 said...

Cathi- next time I want to see you out there on the sled! I guess growing up in the Chicago land area made me LOVE sledding and not mind the cold all that much!