Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Too much sugar

Today started out as any other ordinary day. We got up, got dressed and headed down for some breakfast. Then it's always off to the gym. We both love going there so it works out well. After my workout, we went to Kohl's to look for this pesky rug I'd like to get. It was the 4th one I've been to in a week and still no luck. Then I decided to stop at the one McDonald's around town that actually has a playplace. You see, in Texas, they ALL have playplaces - Chick Fil-A, McDonald's, Burger King - take your pick. Here in Illinois, there are hardly any. So I have the usual - grilled Southwest Salad (it's very good, by the way) and Griffin has his usual - Nuggets and a soda. Well, it's not just an ordinary soda. It's a splash of Root Beer, then some Sprite, then a little Coke then topped off with a little orange. It looks gross and I'm sure tastes gross, but he loves it. After a couple of those, he's bouncing off the walls. And I guess it doesn't help things that two of his good friends, Emily and Madalyn, are over for a couple of hours. They just had some popcorn for a snack and I insisted they have water and/or milk with it. Maybe that will help the sugar wear off!! Can you *hear* how loud it is in my house?

Cathi

1 comment:

spinning in our own direction said...

Seriously.. youa re jst use to the peace and quiet.. I am sue that is nothing compared to my hosue on a daily basis.. REmeber Im the one with the PSYCHO kids... and I'm pretty sure Hailey is turning into Landry in training..The only difference is I can throw them outside on any day