Monday, July 28, 2008

Zucchini

Yes as any gardener would tell you, zucchini is perhaps the easiest vegetable to grow. We only planted 8 seeds back in May, thinned them to 4 and have 5 plants. I'm not sure how that happened and the 5th plant is even in a different location in our garden. Well, I decided to make this past weekend -"zucchini cooking weekend". And you know what's scary, I am looking at my counter right now and there are STILL 5 zucchini sitting there. I made 2 loaves of bread, 2 casseroles with mushrooms, onions, cheese, tomato sauce and some rounds. All of these things made with zucchini. I think we gave away 3-4 just this weekend as well.

We are anxiously waiting for our tomatoes to turn red. What on earth am I going to do with all of them? I think we have about 2 more weeks until they are ready. Just in time for us to go on vacation for a week. Anyone want to come over and pick garden-fresh tomatoes the week we're gone?

And I'm hoping to plant a couple new rows of lettuce once it cools down a bit. Lettuce does better in cooler weather.

Cathi

1 comment:

Nate and Kara said...

I will GLADLY take fresh tomatoes!