Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cookies




I went to a baby shower last week and the expectant mom was given a container of 100 cookie cutters. This was such a thoughtful gift because the mom loves to cook. Just think of all the memories she'll make with her baby making cookies. It got me thinking that besides using cookie cutters for play dough, I've not made sugar cut out cookies with Griffin. Bad mommy. So I went to the store and bought Pillsbury sugar cookie dough so we could make some cookies. But then I realized all I had were a few cookie cutters mixed in with the play dough stuff. So I just baked round sugar cookies and let Griffin have at it with regards to decorating. I had orange frosting and some brown sprinkles. Great for halloween, right? Griffin also thought he'd really like to use the Valentine's sprinkles as well. Why not? So we got those out - red hearts, pink sprinkles, pastel jimmies, etc. He had so much fun making his cookies. And you know what? They were beautiful in our eyes and tasted great!

No comments: