Thursday, October 8, 2009

Life


Well, it's been a LONG time since I've blogged. I don't have much excuse except not much has been happening around here. Griffin has been fully immersed in Cub Scouts and Awana.

Cub Scouts are every other Monday evening and one Thursday a month. Then there is also a Den monthly outing and a Pack monthly outing. And of course, opportunities to sell popcorn. You would think it would just be, "ask your family and neighbors to buy some popcorn" but it's oh, so much more than that. First of all, did you know you could buy a TIN of popcorn for 50 (FIFTY) dollars? Isn't that the most ridiculous thing you have ever heard? And the cheapest option is $10 for a tub of unpopped kernels. Fortunately, Dallas took Griffin to a "sit and sell" - that's not what it's called but I forget the name. It's where they go stake out unsuspecting shoppers at a retail establishment and coax them into buying said overpriced popcorn. They went to a Lowe's in town and along with one other boy and dad, sold about $325 worth of popcorn AND got over $100 in donations. Now that's what I call a productive 3 hours. Griffin's goal is $500 worth of popcorn sales to earn $150 towards his dues or some combo w/ the donations. So he splits the sales w/ the other kid as well as the donation. With the few other sales he made to a couple of neighbors, his aunt and Grandma, I think he'll meet his goal. In the mean time, I've got $18 tins on my dining room table if anyone wants some GREAT Boy Scout popcorn!

And Awana is a weekly gathering of children who learn to know, love and serve Christ. It is held on Sunday evenings at a local church. Griffin is learning to memorize scripture and well as learning bible stories and having a ton of fun with a great group of kids and adults. The best part for me is the car ride. We are carpooling with 2 families who each have 2 girls going to Awana. So I've got 5 little kids hanging out in the back of the Suburban talking about life together. And since I am a mom to a little boy, it's been fun to hang out with these girls and see that side of things. Wow is all I'm going to say about that.

No comments: