Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Atlanta, GA - Part II

Ok, where was I?

The second stop was at the Weer's home. I had warned Griffin that he might not have as much fun since Kyle, 11 and Kendra, 10 are older and might not want him tagging along. Boy was I wrong. They were so amazing with Griffin. They let him play with their video games, board games and overall welcomed him with opened arms.
We rang in the new year with silly string, sparkling cider and a few fun games of bowling on the Wii. The Weers and Maham families decided this would be a great tradition and we hope to spend many more new year's eves together.Kendra and Griffin had great fun each decorating a gingerbread house. You can see how well they turned out. Griffin loved the icing. It was by far his favorite part. The house traveled home well and it's sitting on our counter right this minute.


One thing I did on vacation that I am NOT proud of was leave my purse at a Mexican restaurant we had dinner in. I didn't realize it until 11am the following morning. Beth called and they said they did not find it. I had this weird suspicion that it was there so I asked Dallas to drive over and ask all of the waiters if they had found it and a reward would be offered. Dallas walked in the door and the manager said it was sitting right under the hostess stand. And there was not a single penny missing. Praise God. Then the morning we left, I misplaced the car keys and it took us 20 minutes to find them. I'm approaching my 40th year and my memory is going!

Thank you both for a great vacation!

No comments: