Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My hair

Thank God it's fixed. I do realize that this post will be completely useless without pictures however, no one is home with me to snap one. Back in December, I called up my salon to make an appointment with Sarah, my stylist. She was out on maternity and not due back for a few weeks. They suggested a *wonderful* master stylist named Tom. Now Tom would cost a little extra seeing that he was "a master" and all. I was game for this so I made an appt. for the following day.

Tom's a talker. He talked non-stop for the 2.5 hours I was there getting my hair done. I could tell you his life story as well as all about how *great* he is at doing hair - especially curly hair, his *speciality.*

After 2.5 hours and my ears hurting, my hair was cut and highlighted and I was sent on my way with my hair sopping wet. Out into the Chicago December air you go! Once I got home and my hair was dry, I could tell what a terrible job he did on the highlighting. I called my trusty friend, Ellen, to ask her what I should do. You see, I was at a JC Penney Salon and she knows a thing or two about them. She said I must go back and get it fixed or get my money back. So I nervously went in the following day and guess who was standing right there - master stylist Tom. I told him I was sorry I was back but I was not happy with my hair color. Guess what? He completely agreed - went so far as to say it was "bad." He put me in the chair, caped me up and started on some more highlights, talking the entire time! It was painful. After he finished with the foils, washed my hair and sat me in the chair he said, "I *still* missed some spots and need to do more." So guess what? He had to dry my hair, put more foils in, put me under the dryer for 20 mins., rinse, wash and back in the chair AGAIN. We thought it was enough and looked ok, but it's hard to tell with wet hair. So I was sent back into the Chicago December air with a kiss and a prayer that it looked ok.

Well, it didn't.

But I was not about to go back. I had this very bright blond/yellow/white streak in the front of my hair/forehead area. I was thinking that I was going to have to dye the entire thing brown then start over again.

Christmas came and went and on vacation my good friends and family concurred with me that something had to be done.

When I got home from vacation and was hanging up some clothes in the closet, I saw the sweater I was wearing when Tom did my hair and it had bleach spots all over the back!! That was the deciding factor. I called up JC Penneys and spoke with the manager. I was *very* nice and really wanted nothing more than to make her aware of what happened to me. About 20 minutes later, Sarah called me. She was back from maternity leave and she would fix my hair "on the house." Whoo hoo.

And that happened today. She did a great job and I'm happy with my new hair.

I know, I know, you need a picture.

Cathi

No comments: